(MITCHELL) - Firefighters from three fire departments battled a fire at Fibertech Monday night.
Firefighters were alerted to the fire at 7:32 p.m.
Marion, Shawswick and Huron firefighters responded.
The fire was in a sawdust pile on the far west side of the company.
Shawswick Captain Robert Barber says the fire was not too difficult to get out.
"It started in the sawdust pile and was contained there," Barber says. "We had to get to the middle of the pile where the fire started probably from spontaneous combustion."
Barber says the pile was tore apart to make sure the fire was extinguished.
"The inside of those piles can generate a lot of heat and then that sparks a fire," he added.
"We dumped a lot of water on it, and the rain helped."
Barber says firefighters were on the scene until 10 p.m.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org