Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were called to Chase Bank after someone reported their sign on fire.
Bedford Fire Chief Jon Wagner says when crews arrived they found the sign on the north side of the building was on fire and the mulch under the sign was burning.
"One of the letters in Chase had caught fire and melted down dropping into the mulch catching it on fire," Wagner says. "It was put out quickly."
Firefighters were let into the bank by a cleaning lady and were able to turn the power off to the outside lighting.
"It concerns us when we have incidents like this in the older buildings downtown" Wagner says. "We have sent fire inspector Dewayne Turpen down there this morning to look over the area and help them out to make sure everything is all right."
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page