(WEST BADEN SPRINGS) - Seven people were arrested after police found drugs after serving a search warrant on two residences in West Baden Springs Tuesday afternoon.
* Kara Breedlove, 38, West Baden Springs, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana, hash.
* Tamica Robertson, 32, West Baden Springs, possession of methamphetamine, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana, hash.
* Christopher Richmond, 21, West Baden Springs, possession of methamphetamine,
maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana, receiving stolen property.
* Duran Dent, 23, West Baden Springs, visiting a common nuisance.
* Jason Garloch, 21, Paoli, visiting a common nuisance.
* Charles Allstott, 20, West Baden Springs, visiting a common nuisance.
* Tyler Shipman, 19, French Lick, visiting a common nuisance.
All seven were booked into the Orange County Jail.
West Baden Springs Police Chief David Atchison says West Baden police, along with officers from the Orange County Sheriff's Department, the French Lick Police Department and Indiana State Police served the warrants Tuesday afternoon at the same time, so the residents could not alert each other.
Police asked for the warrants after receiving several reports from concerned citizens over the past eight months.
Those reports ranged from loud noise and parties, to parking on the street.
Officials didn't want to "lose a good drug bust, over loud music," Atchison said in a prepared statement, "so they always had to approach the situation with caution, so not to tip the offenders that we knew anything," Atchinson says.
Police, during the past couple of weeks, gathered more details and more tips and were able to secure the warrants.
"It was getting to the point where we had to act now before we had someone overdose," Atchison said in the statement.
Atchinson says on Saturday afternoon, two anonymous sources provided "very detailed" information about the people at the homes and the drug activities. Atchison reported a large number of possibly stolen firearms were also recovered during the search.
The case is still under investigation and more arrests and charges could be filed.
One juvenile was found at one of the homes, but he not charged and was released to the custody of his parents.
"What made our group feel even better was, as we were leaving the neighborhood in our cars, people had already come out of their houses and cheered us, yelling 'thank you,'" Atchinson wrote. "That makes all the dangers involved in this type of work all worth it. We got some drugs off the street."
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com