(BEDFORD) - During its first meeting of the year Thursday night the North Lawrence school board welcomed two new members and selected new leaders.
Gary Holmes was elected board president and Wendell Nikirk was named vice president.
Donnie Branham will serve as secretary.
All seven board members attended, in addition to two newly elected members, Larry Arnold and Tracy Bailey. Arnold a former board member, and Bailey, a board rookie, were elected in November.
The board, as part of its routine, first-of-the-year business, also made several required appointments Thursday. Those are:
* Michele Cox, NL business manager as corporation treasurer.
* Gary Conner, NL assistant superintendent, as deputy treasurer.
* Larry Arnold, to serve on the Bedford Parks Board.
* Steve Ritter, NL director of maintenance, to serve as the corporation's wage hearing representative.
* Brad Flinn, to serve on the board of the new Boys and Girls Club.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com