Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, January 18, 2013
(BEDFORD) - Indiana University Health Bedford and Paoli joins other hospitals in announcing a temporary hospital visitation restriction policy effective today.
This effort will limit visitors to the hospitals in order to enhance patient safety and help prevent the spread of influenza during this severe flu season.
The policy states:
- Only adults (ages 18+) may visit patients, including parents, spouses/significant others and spiritual counselors.
- Visitors with flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed.
- If individuals come to our facilities to be treated for flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to wear a surgical or isolation mask.
- We will ask visitors to wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer, often.
- We recommend if you are sick to stay home.
IU Health is also asking families to limit the number of relatives and friends accompanying patients to its emergency departments, outpatient surgery waiting rooms and procedure areas, and physician offices.
For information on the flu and how to care for yourself and others, visit Know What To Do About the Flu, www.flu.gov.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page