(BLOOMINGTON) - The City of Bloomington's Department of Housing and Neighborhood Development Home Buyers Club is now accepting registrations for its next round of workshops, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 2 and Feb 9.
The Home Buyers Club program helps first-time homebuyers understand and overcome the obstacles involved in realizing the American dream of homeownership. Presenters will include HAND's HUD-certified housing counselors, local real estate industry professionals and community non-profit housing providers.
Participants will receive the HAND-produced home-buying guide, "Buying a Home: A Guide For First-Time Home Buyers," and an opportunity to meet with a HAND housing counselor to develop a personalized home-buying action plan. Income eligible participants will be entered to win a $5,000 down payment and closing cost assistance from HAND, and will have access to other assistance programs.
Discussion topics will include:
- Determining if homeownership is right for you
- Developing a household budget and savings plan
- Establishing good credit
- Navigating the home-buying process from start to finish
- Inspecting your potential home
- Locating mortgage application and down payment assistance programs
- Protecting your investment and maintaining your home
- Accessing community and neighborhood housing resources
The Home Buyers Club is offered to anyone in the community at no cost. However, class size is limited and pre-registration is required. To register contact HAND at 349.3401
or at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bloomington.gov/hand .
The Home Buyers Club is sponsored in part by Fifth Third Bank and Indiana University Credit Union.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com