WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Destroys Garage In Linton

Last updated on Friday, January 25, 2013

(LINTON) - The garage of a Linton residence has been deemed a total loss after it caught fire Tuesday night.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks says the department was dispatched to the home of Steve Wagner, located behind the old Morris Food building on the west side of Linton, around 7 p.m.

The Greene County Daily World reports, firefighters were on the scene until about 9 p.m.

Chief Sparks says he believes the fire started after an electrical problem. Sparks says while the garage was a total loss, the home was not damaged.

The homeowner was able to salvage some items from the inside of the garage.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page