WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Damages Washington Home Saturday

Last updated on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

(WASHINGTON) - A Washington home was heavily damaged by fire, late Saturday morning.

Washington Fire Chief Dave Rhoads says firefighters went to the home in the 1400 block of Tieman Road after receiving a 911 call at 11:52 a.m.

Rhoads says the homeowner, Amanda Howard, was cooking something and caught a trash can on fire. When she attempted to take the trash can to the porch, the fire spread to the ceiling and in just a couple of minutes was at the roofline of the house.

When Firefighters arrived just four minutes later, heavy smoke was bellowing from the home.

The Washington Fire Department was on the scene for approximately two hours.

According to Rhoads the home suffered heavy damage.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page