WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Damages Home In Ireland

Last updated on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

(IRELAND) - The Ireland Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire in the 700 block of north 750 West in the Ireland area Sunday just after 8 pm.

Fire Chief Stan Seifert says that the smoke stack that ventilates a wood-burning stove overheated and caught fire.

Seifert reported that the fire burned some electrical wiring as well. But, he says they were able to knock the fire down before it did extensive damage to the structure.

Four trucks along with 17 fire fighters from the Ireland Volunteer Fire Department were on-scene for about 2 hours.

Seifert says that the occupant of the house is staying with relatives until repairs can be made to the structure.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page