WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Causes Minimal Damage At Heltonville Home

Last updated on Monday, January 7, 2013

(HELTONVILLE) - Pleasant Run Volunteer Fire Department Chief Steve Nolan says a fire at the home of Boyce and Virginia Turner started in the chimney and firefighters were able to contain it there.

According to Nolan, Boyce Turner had just walked into the sun room when he noticed smoke. The chimney was located in that room.

Turner grabbed a fire extinguisher and was able to contain the fire until fire fighters arrived.

When firefighters from Pleasant Run and Shawswick arrived they were able to extinguish the fire quickly.

Nolan says there was damage to the area around the chimney and a back porch off the sun room.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page