(BROWN COUNTY STATE PARK) - Just before 9 p.m., New Year's Day firefighters from Nashville, Fruitdale and Hamblen departments were called to Brown County State Park for a fire in the laundry building that serves Abe Martin Lodge.
According to police, the building is separate from the lodge, across the parking lot.
Workers reported smoke and flames coming from gas-powered dryers. At about 9:05 p.m., officers on scene, who had arrived just before firefighters, reported he believed the fire was out.
Firefighters continuing to the scene. Nashville Chief "Dak" Kelp reported there was minimal damage to the building.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org