News Sections
Fire Damages Washington Home Saturday
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - A Washington home was heavily damaged by fire, late Saturday morning.

Washington Fire Chief Dave Rhoads says firefighters went to the home in the 1400 block of Tieman Road after receiving a 911 call at 11:52 a.m.

Rhoads says the homeowner, Amanda Howard, was cooking something and caught a trash can on fire. When she attempted to take the trash can to the porch, the fire spread to the ceiling and in just a couple of minutes was at the roofline of the house.

When Firefighters arrived just four minutes later, heavy smoke was bellowing from the home.

The Washington Fire Department was on the scene for approximately two hours.

According to Rhoads the home suffered heavy damage.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File