News Sections
Fire Damages Home In Ireland
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(IRELAND) - The Ireland Volunteer Fire Department was called to a fire in the 700 block of north 750 West in the Ireland area Sunday just after 8 pm.

Fire Chief Stan Seifert says that the smoke stack that ventilates a wood-burning stove overheated and caught fire.

Seifert reported that the fire burned some electrical wiring as well. But, he says they were able to knock the fire down before it did extensive damage to the structure.

Four trucks along with 17 fire fighters from the Ireland Volunteer Fire Department were on-scene for about 2 hours.

Seifert says that the occupant of the house is staying with relatives until repairs can be made to the structure.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File