News Sections
Fire Causes Minimal Damage At Heltonville Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HELTONVILLE) - Pleasant Run Volunteer Fire Department Chief Steve Nolan says a fire at the home of Boyce and Virginia Turner started in the chimney and firefighters were able to contain it there.

According to Nolan, Boyce Turner had just walked into the sun room when he noticed smoke. The chimney was located in that room.

Turner grabbed a fire extinguisher and was able to contain the fire until fire fighters arrived.

When firefighters from Pleasant Run and Shawswick arrived they were able to extinguish the fire quickly.

Nolan says there was damage to the area around the chimney and a back porch off the sun room.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File