WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Faulty Floor Heater Fills Home With Smoke

Last updated on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department firefighters were called to a home in the 600 block of West Frank Street, Monday afternoon.

Candice Mallard called police reporting the house was filling with smoke and thought the furnace was on fire.

When firefighters arrived they found it was not the furnace, but smoke was coming from a floor mounted heater.

There was no damage and firefighters ventilated the home.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page