News Sections
Faulty Floor Heater Fills Home With Smoke
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department firefighters were called to a home in the 600 block of West Frank Street, Monday afternoon.

Candice Mallard called police reporting the house was filling with smoke and thought the furnace was on fire.

When firefighters arrived they found it was not the furnace, but smoke was coming from a floor mounted heater.

There was no damage and firefighters ventilated the home.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File