(BLOOMINGTON) - Firefighters contained a chimney fire in a home near Lake Monroe Sunday afternoon, putting out a blaze that had shot up into the attic.
Perry-Clear Creek Capt. Randy Roudebush says two engines from his department, as well as a unit from Van Buren Township, were dispatched to 1368 East Zinnia Drive at 4:33 p.m.
Flames from a fireplace in the basement of the home escaped the metal chimney flue and ignited exterior walls of the structure.
Firefighters were on the scene for about 2 half hours.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org