(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department firefighters were called to Hudson's Photography on the south side of the square Monday afternoon.
According to Chief Jon Wagner, who was on the scene, firefighters were alerted after a report of smoke filling the basement area around 2:48 p.m.
"Reports of a possible fire on the square are always a concern," Wagner says. "So when I heard it was on the square I went along."
Wagner says when firefighters arrived they found a faulty light ballast in the basement causing the smoke.
"It was such a small amount of smoke we didn't have to ventilate the building," Wagner says. "Mr. Hudson will put in a call to his electrician to take care of the problem."
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org