News Sections
Audio
Washington Family Loses Home To Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - A Washington family faced the Christmas Holiday without a home after a fire Friday afternoon

Washington Fire Chief Dave Rhoads says firefighters were notified at 2:20 p.m. that a house was on fire in the 800 block of West Main Street.

Seven off-duty firefighters responded to assist.

The house owned by Jose Mejia but was rented to Carlos Dubon was engulfed in flames and a total loss.

The Dubon family has 4 small children.

The Fire Department contacted the Red Cross who assisted the family.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback