Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, December 7, 2012
(BROWN COUNTY) - Heat sources have been the cause of three fires in two weeks in Brown County, the Brown County Democrat reports.
Most recently, a family with six kids was displaced Tuesday when an electric baseboard heater ignited bedding at their home in the 2100 block of Ind. 45. The entire home sustained heavy smoke damage.
On Nov. 30, fire traveled in a crack in the stonework of a fireplace and into the floor, crawlspace and attic of a home in the 5400 block of North Shore Drive. Damage to the home's electrical system made it unlivable, fire officials said.
On Nov. 26, a chimney fire at a home in the 4000 block of Salmon Harbor Road traveled into the attic, and the residents didn't notice the fire for about half an hour. Damage to that home's wiring made it too unlivable.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page