News Sections
Heat Sources Cause Three Fires In Brown County
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BROWN COUNTY) - Heat sources have been the cause of three fires in two weeks in Brown County, the Brown County Democrat reports.

Most recently, a family with six kids was displaced Tuesday when an electric baseboard heater ignited bedding at their home in the 2100 block of Ind. 45. The entire home sustained heavy smoke damage.

On Nov. 30, fire traveled in a crack in the stonework of a fireplace and into the floor, crawlspace and attic of a home in the 5400 block of North Shore Drive. Damage to the home's electrical system made it unlivable, fire officials said.

On Nov. 26, a chimney fire at a home in the 4000 block of Salmon Harbor Road traveled into the attic, and the residents didn't notice the fire for about half an hour. Damage to that home's wiring made it too unlivable.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File