WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Destroys Linton Home

Last updated on Sunday, December 16, 2012

(LINTON) - A family lost everything when fire and smoke filled their home just before noon on Friday.

Brandon Bedwell was not home when his rural Linton home at 2646 N County Road 1500 West caught fire.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks said the department would be contacting the fire marshal to get an exact cause of the fire, but believes the fire started in the chimney.

Sparks says the rear of the home, as well as the attic were gutted and everything in the home was damaged.

Sparks said residents should take precautions this time of year with the use of chimneys and furnaces.

Sparks added it is important to be careful when putting up Christmas decorations as well, noting residents should be careful not to overload the amount of lights and decorations.

Linton Fire Department was assisted by Wright Township and Dugger/Cass Township Volunteer Fire Departments. Steve Phegley of the Linton Street and Sanitation Department also assisted at the scene.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page