WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Child Alerts Family To Fire

Last updated on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

(BEDFORD) - The fast reaction from a family saved their home early this morning.

Ricky Jones and his family had the fire extinguished before Shawswick Volunteer Firefighters arrived at the home in the 7300 block of Leatherwood Road.

A child noticed smoke around 5:30 a.m. and ran to alert family members.

According to Shawswick firefighter David Dalton, the electrical fire started in the ceiling in the child's room.

The family was able to extinguish the blaze quickly. The fire damaged the wiring and a section of the ceiling.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page