News Sections
Child Alerts Family To Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The fast reaction from a family saved their home early this morning.

Ricky Jones and his family had the fire extinguished before Shawswick Volunteer Firefighters arrived at the home in the 7300 block of Leatherwood Road.

A child noticed smoke around 5:30 a.m. and ran to alert family members.

According to Shawswick firefighter David Dalton, the electrical fire started in the ceiling in the child's room.

The family was able to extinguish the blaze quickly. The fire damaged the wiring and a section of the ceiling.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File