WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Neighbor Extinguishes Fire, Minimal Damage To Home

Last updated on Monday, November 12, 2012

(BEDFORD) - Marshall Volunteer firefighters were called to a house fire in th 2800 block of Mt. Pleasant Road Saturday.

According to Marshall VFD Fire Chief Chad Hayes, firefighters were alerted to the fire at 6 p.m.

"The fire was out when we arrived," Hayes says. "It started in the bathroom."
According to Hayes, the homeowners were not home and some teenage girls were babysitting.

"They had left a candle burning and some hair appliances plugged up in the bathroom and then went outside," Hayes says. "They noticed smoke in the windows and called for help."
Hayes says a neighbor was able to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived.

"We ventilated the house and did an overhaul to make sure the fire didn't extend into the walls," Hayes says. "There was minimal damage."

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page