News Sections
Neighbor Extinguishes Fire, Minimal Damage To Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:09 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Marshall Volunteer firefighters were called to a house fire in th 2800 block of Mt. Pleasant Road Saturday.

According to Marshall VFD Fire Chief Chad Hayes, firefighters were alerted to the fire at 6 p.m.

"The fire was out when we arrived," Hayes says. "It started in the bathroom."
According to Hayes, the homeowners were not home and some teenage girls were babysitting.

"They had left a candle burning and some hair appliances plugged up in the bathroom and then went outside," Hayes says. "They noticed smoke in the windows and called for help."
Hayes says a neighbor was able to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived.

"We ventilated the house and did an overhaul to make sure the fire didn't extend into the walls," Hayes says. "There was minimal damage."

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File