WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Fire

Last updated on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

(BEDFORD) - Bedford firefighters extinguished a house fire in the 300 block of 22nd Street Tuesday night.

"The fire started in the attic area over a utility room," says Bedford Fire Department Battalion Chief Kenny Teague. "It was put out quickly, but there is about $5,000 in damages."

Firefighters were notified about the fire after a 911 call at 8:56 p.m. at the home of Joseph Rhoda.

"We have not at this time determined what started the fire," Teague says. "It was difficult to get to because it was in the center of the home. We had to take down the ceiling in the hallway near a bedroom and remove a lot of insulation."

No one was injured during the blaze.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page