WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Fire Quickly

Last updated on Thursday, November 15, 2012

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were alerted to ceiling fan fire in the 200 block of Hawthorne Drive Wednesday night.

According to BFD Chief Jon Wagner, firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly using a portable water extinguisher.

The home is owned by Karen Brim.

"The fan was damaged and there were some spots on the floor where the material had dripped down," Wagner says. "Firefighters had to remove some of the insulation in the ceiling area because it was smoldering."

Wagner says they were lucky the fire didn't spread.

"You hate to see things like this happen so close to the holidays," Wagner says. "We were lucky and got it out quickly and it didn't spread into the ceiling area."

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page