WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Kitchen Fire

Last updated on Thursday, November 8, 2012

(BEDFORD) - The quick action of Bedford firefighters saved a home in the 1800 block of H Street Wednesday afternoon.

According to Chief Jon Wagner, firefighters were called to the home of Judy Mason at 12:14 p.m. Wednesday. Mason rents the home to Dee Hillenburg.

According to Wagner, Hillenburg forgot she had a pan of cooking oil heating on the stove which caused the blaze.

"We were pretty lucky," Wagner says. "When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke coming out of the home. Firefighters were able to get in there quickly and contain the fire to the kitchen area. There was moderate damage to the kitchen cabinets near the stove and some smoke damage through the house."

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page