News Sections
Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:10 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford firefighters extinguished a house fire in the 300 block of 22nd Street Tuesday night.

"The fire started in the attic area over a utility room," says Bedford Fire Department Battalion Chief Kenny Teague. "It was put out quickly, but there is about $5,000 in damages."

Firefighters were notified about the fire after a 911 call at 8:56 p.m. at the home of Joseph Rhoda.

"We have not at this time determined what started the fire," Teague says. "It was difficult to get to because it was in the center of the home. We had to take down the ceiling in the hallway near a bedroom and remove a lot of insulation."

No one was injured during the blaze.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File