News Sections
Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Fire Quickly
Updated May 5, 2013 1:09 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were alerted to ceiling fan fire in the 200 block of Hawthorne Drive Wednesday night.

According to BFD Chief Jon Wagner, firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly using a portable water extinguisher.

The home is owned by Karen Brim.

"The fan was damaged and there were some spots on the floor where the material had dripped down," Wagner says. "Firefighters had to remove some of the insulation in the ceiling area because it was smoldering."

Wagner says they were lucky the fire didn't spread.

"You hate to see things like this happen so close to the holidays," Wagner says. "We were lucky and got it out quickly and it didn't spread into the ceiling area."

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File