News Sections
Bedford Firefighters Extinguish Kitchen Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:09 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The quick action of Bedford firefighters saved a home in the 1800 block of H Street Wednesday afternoon.

According to Chief Jon Wagner, firefighters were called to the home of Judy Mason at 12:14 p.m. Wednesday. Mason rents the home to Dee Hillenburg.

According to Wagner, Hillenburg forgot she had a pan of cooking oil heating on the stove which caused the blaze.

"We were pretty lucky," Wagner says. "When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke coming out of the home. Firefighters were able to get in there quickly and contain the fire to the kitchen area. There was moderate damage to the kitchen cabinets near the stove and some smoke damage through the house."

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File