News Sections
Audio
Smoke Fills Basement Of Courthouse
Updated May 5, 2013 1:09 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Bedford Firefighters were called to the courthouse at 12:40 p.m.Thursday after an electric motor on an air handler seized.

"There was some smoke in the basement area, after the motor seized," said BFD Battalion Chief Jim Pogue. "There was no fire, but we did ventilate the area to remove the smoke."

The courthouse was evacuated for a short period of time.

"It didn't take long for us to suck the smoke out of the area," Pogue said "Only a few minutes and we were able to allow people back in the courthouse."

Pogue said it is uncertain if the problem to the motor effected the building's heating system.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback