(GUTHRIE) - Marshall Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a blaze on Lemon Quarry Road Sunday afternoon.
According to Marshall VFD Chief Chad Hays firefighters were alerted after the owners of the old RV called saying the camper was on fire at 5:35 p.m.
"It was a very old junky camper the people were using for target practice," Hayes says. "It appears one of the bullets caused a spark and that ignited the camper."
The fire was extinguished quickly and the camper was destroyed, but was of no value, Hayes says.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org