News Sections
Power Outage Spurs Fire In Hospital Basement
Updated May 5, 2013 1:09 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - An apparent lightning strike overloaded a blower in the Greene County General Hospital ventilation system, starting a small blaze which was quickly extinguished, Tuesday night.

Mark Stalcup of the Greene County Daily World reports that the small fire, according to Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks, broke out just before 5 p.m. in the basement, causing a brief power outage.

The fire started in the motor on an air handler that caught fire. Hospital staff had the fire out before the fire department arrived, but the small left the basement area smoky.

Sparks says the cause of the smoke was from an electrical fire when the motor malfunctioned.

According to hospital personnel, the motor was replaced and no one was hurt and no patients were affected.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File