Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, September 28, 2012
(MITCHELL) - Lawrence County Police Detectives are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins on Motorcross Road.
According to Lawrence County Sheriff Sam Craig the department received several calls reporting break-ins to vehicle Thursday. Calls started coming in around 7:22 a.m.
Items like sunglasses, checks, a radio, money and other items were reported missing from the vehicles.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
Craig warns motorist to keep their vehicles locked and valuables out of sight.
Craig offers these tips for keeping your property safe:
1) Do not leave anything of value in your vehicle and leave nothing visible that might tempt a thief. Even power cords or adapters for electronic devices left visible can make someone believe there are items of value inside.
2) Always lock your vehicle when unattended, keep windows rolled up and close the sunroof.
3) Park in areas with adequate lighting, if possible, or park in a driveway or garage.
4) Place items in the trunk if you must store something of value in your vehicle.
5) Record serial numbers for electronics or other items in the event you are a crime victim and need to make a police report.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page