WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Marshal Says House Fire Caused By Bad Fireplace

Last updated on Thursday, September 27, 2012

(LINTON) - According to Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks, the fireplace of a Green Acres home is believed to have sparked a fire in the rear of the 210 Meadow Lane residence.

State Fire Marshal Matt Wells visited the residence owned by Christopher Fulford on Monday morning to assess the damage.

The fire started Friday at 11:36 p.m. and firefighters were on scene until 2:22 a.m.

Sparks says the house is gutted from the water damage, and the fire went up through the roof in the rear of the home.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page