WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Destroys Mitchell Couple's Home

Last updated on Monday, September 10, 2012

(MITCHELL) - The home of Ron and Marsha Higdon went up in flames Friday night.

Firefighters from Marion, Guthrie and Shawswick Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire in the 600 block of Noe Road at 11:04 p.m.

According to Pete Horton, of Marion VFD the couple escaped unharmed after Marsha noticed the curtains behind their television go up in flames.

The couple's two dogs also escaped unharmed.

Even though it was raining and lightening was flashing all around, the home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were on the scene until 3 a.m.

Horton says the home and all their belongings were destroyed. The couple is currently staying in a camper on their property.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page