News Sections
Fire Destroys Mitchell Couple's Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:08 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - The home of Ron and Marsha Higdon went up in flames Friday night.

Firefighters from Marion, Guthrie and Shawswick Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire in the 600 block of Noe Road at 11:04 p.m.

According to Pete Horton, of Marion VFD the couple escaped unharmed after Marsha noticed the curtains behind their television go up in flames.

The couple's two dogs also escaped unharmed.

Even though it was raining and lightening was flashing all around, the home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were on the scene until 3 a.m.

Horton says the home and all their belongings were destroyed. The couple is currently staying in a camper on their property.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File