Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, August 24, 2012
(BLOOMINGTON) - According to the Bloomington Police Department, 481 thefts from vehicles have occurred since the beginning of 2012.
Many of the victims are IU students, with thieves even breaking into cars in dormitory parking lots. The BPD has tips for keeping your property safe:
1) Do not leave anything of value in your vehicle and leave nothing visible that might tempt a thief. Even power cords or adapters for electronic devices left visible can make someone believe there are items of value inside.
2) Always lock your vehicle when unattended, keep windows rolled up and close the sunroof.
3) Park in areas with adequate lighting, if possible, or park in a driveway or garage.
4) Place items in the trunk if you must store something of value in your vehicle.
5) Record serial numbers for electronics or other items in the event you are a crime victim and need to make a police report.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page