News Sections
18-Year-Old Faces Charges After Fight With Girlfriend
Updated May 5, 2013 1:08 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WORTHINGTON) - An 18-year-old Worthington man faces multiple charges -- including strangulation -- relating to a domestic battery incident Sunday.

Nick Schneider, of the Greene County Daily World reports, Aaron A. Weber, 18, of Worthington, was arrested by the Worthington Deputy Town Marshal Randy Raney on a Greene Circuit Court warrant charging him with domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16 years of age, a class D felony; strangulation, a class D felony; and interference with the reporting of a crime, a class A misdemeanor.

Bond was set at $9,000.

Police alleged that Weber choked and slapped his girlfriend in the face several times during an argument on Sunday.

The girlfriend told police that Weber became upset when she came home, saying she had been gone too long. He demanded the car keys so he could leave.

"When she asked him where he was going, she advised that he became very mad and 'freaked out'," Raney wrote in the probable cause affidavit.

In his anger, Weber allegedly smashed a children's toy gun and threw a stand-up electric fan at the girlfriend destroying the fan. He also allegedly grabbed a hair straightener and hit her on the right arm with it and then threw it against a dresser.

Weber allegedly struck the girlfriend in the head and then he "manually choked her with his hands," causing injury to her neck, Raney wrote in the probable cause affidavit
"(The girlfriend) then tried to call for help and Mr. Weber took the cell phone away for her and locked the door to the apartment to prevent her from leaving. (The girlfriend) advised that she told her 3-year-old son to run to get help and she began to scream for help as well," according to the probable cause affidavit.

A neighbor heard the screams and called 911 to summon police to the South Edward St. apartment.

Weber allegedly then ran from the apartment and could not be located by police.
Raney noted in the court document that the girlfriend was having trouble breathing during the interview and EMTs checked her neck injury and gave her oxygen to help with her breathing.

While Raney was interviewing the girlfriend, Weber called on the cell phone. Raney told him that he needed to meet with him to get his side of the story.
Weber failed to show up.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File