WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Two Suffer Smoke Inhalation After Grease Fire

Last updated on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

(WASHINGTON) - Two Washington residents were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at their house Saturday afternoon.

The Washington Fire Department went to the home at 1107 East Walnut Street to battle the blaze.

When firefighters arrived the fire was out, but two people were being transported to the Daviess Community Hospital Emergency Room for smoke inhalation.

Washington Police Captain Rickie Tolliver says one resident, Brandi Baker was heating grease on a stove and had stepped outside for about ten minutes.

The other two residents, David Speakman and Cathy Alhf, were sleeping when the grease caught on fire. Speakman and Alhf were treated for smoke inhalation.

No damage was reported to the house, owned by Justin Williams.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page