News Sections
Two Suffer Smoke Inhalation After Grease Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:08 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - Two Washington residents were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at their house Saturday afternoon.

The Washington Fire Department went to the home at 1107 East Walnut Street to battle the blaze.

When firefighters arrived the fire was out, but two people were being transported to the Daviess Community Hospital Emergency Room for smoke inhalation.

Washington Police Captain Rickie Tolliver says one resident, Brandi Baker was heating grease on a stove and had stepped outside for about ten minutes.

The other two residents, David Speakman and Cathy Alhf, were sleeping when the grease caught on fire. Speakman and Alhf were treated for smoke inhalation.

No damage was reported to the house, owned by Justin Williams.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File