Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, July 4, 2012
(BEDFORD) - The Lawrence County Commissioner heard from representatives from the Lawrence County Health Department about increasing and establishing new fees for the department.
The changes ranged from increases in vaccinations, to homeowner examinations fee.
The commissioners took all the information and ordinances under advisement and will make a decision possibly at their next meeting.
* Washington National Insurance did a supplemental benefit package presentation for the commissioners asking if they could talk to county employees about their options. The commissioners took the information packets for review and will get back with company representatives.
* Highway superintendent David Holmes reported crews continue to pave county roads and are mowing. Hardin Ridge Road from Coveyville Road, north to the county line (approx 1 mile) will be closed for re-paving on Friday. No traffic will be allowed through.
* Project Coordinator Bob Dillon says the bridge crew has been helping with driving the paving trucks. And that the Williams Cover Bridge project is on hold until a shipment of kiln dried wood is received to do the siding. The first batch was not dried properly and warped.
* Emergency Management Director Valerie Louchour says she has secured a contract with AT&T to upgrade the counties 911 system. The system has not been updated in almost 10 years. The cost of the 5 year lease agreement will be close to $1 million dollars with a monthly payment of $12,915, which is paid through grant funds. The commissioners would like to see a breakdown of the expenses and what it would cost to purchase the equipment instead of lease it.
* Lawrence County Sherriff Sam Craig reported there were 112 inmates in the jail, 99 were males, 13 females and 22 inmates with the Department of Corrections. He also told the commissioners he has two bids to remove asbestos from the courthouse annex and is waiting on a third.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page