WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Guts Home In Linton

Last updated on Thursday, July 5, 2012

(LINTON) - An early Tuesday morning fire gutted a mobile home in Linton.

Nick Schneider of the Greene County Daily World reports that firefighters were called to the Rhoda Byers residence at 149 SE 7th Street at 4:09 a.m. after a neighbor reported the blaze to authorities.

Linton Fire Department Chief Brad Sparks said the cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.

The fire chief told the Greene County Daily World that no one was home when the fire broke out.

"The front end was engulfed when we got there," Sparks said. "It was pretty well a total loss. They lost everything."

Byers lived in the residence with her 19-year-old daughter.

Sparks said the 12 feet by 65 feet mobile home is owned by Byers' mother, Rhoda Ravellette.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 2 1/2 hours.

No injuries were reported.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page