WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Causes Minimal Damage To Bedford Home

Last updated on Thursday, July 19, 2012

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters battled a fire in an attic at a home in the 1200 block of 9th Street Wednesday afternoon.

Bedford firefighters were call to the report of smoke coming from the eves of a home at 5:04 p.m. They were on the scene for about an hour.

According to Bedford Fire Department Battalion Chief Stephen Haverly the fire started in the attic area of the home.

"It was a minor fire and pretty small," Haverly says. "There was minimal damage to the structure."

The home is owned by Billy Mitchell, who is buying the home on contract.

Haverly believe the fire started because of faulty wiring.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page