News Sections
Fire Guts Home In Linton
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - An early Tuesday morning fire gutted a mobile home in Linton.

Nick Schneider of the Greene County Daily World reports that firefighters were called to the Rhoda Byers residence at 149 SE 7th Street at 4:09 a.m. after a neighbor reported the blaze to authorities.

Linton Fire Department Chief Brad Sparks said the cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.

The fire chief told the Greene County Daily World that no one was home when the fire broke out.

"The front end was engulfed when we got there," Sparks said. "It was pretty well a total loss. They lost everything."

Byers lived in the residence with her 19-year-old daughter.

Sparks said the 12 feet by 65 feet mobile home is owned by Byers' mother, Rhoda Ravellette.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 2 1/2 hours.

No injuries were reported.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File