News Sections
Fire Causes Minimal Damage To Bedford Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:08 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Firefighters battled a fire in an attic at a home in the 1200 block of 9th Street Wednesday afternoon.

Bedford firefighters were call to the report of smoke coming from the eves of a home at 5:04 p.m. They were on the scene for about an hour.

According to Bedford Fire Department Battalion Chief Stephen Haverly the fire started in the attic area of the home.

"It was a minor fire and pretty small," Haverly says. "There was minimal damage to the structure."

The home is owned by Billy Mitchell, who is buying the home on contract.

Haverly believe the fire started because of faulty wiring.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File