News Sections
Fire At Ted Jones Apartment Started By Lightning
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department extinguished a fire in the attic area of the apartments at 2903 Ted Jones Drive, Sunday night

According to Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner, the fire started after lightning hit the dryer vents that ran vertical to the ridge vent.

"The fire was in the attic area," Wagner says. "They removed some dry wall and were able to put out the fire quickly. Fires like this in an apartment complex can be very serious. We were fortunate."

There are 8 apartments in each building, Wagner says.

"No one was displaced because of the fire," he added.

At the same time, firefighters were called to power lines arching in the 100 block of 20th Street.

"We had a tree down in the power lines," Wagner says. "We scrambled the troops and were able to get everything taken care of quickly."

Duke Energy was called to repair the lines.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File