Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, July 18, 2012
(BEDFORD) - Bedford Fire Department firefighters were called to two fires Tuesday.
The first fire was reported at 10:06 a.m. just west of Arby's Roast Beef Restaurant.
According to BFD Captain John Oliver, found a pole sparking. Duke Energy was contacted to take care of the problem.
The second fire was reported at 6:23 p.m. in the 700 block of 22nd Street.
When firefighters arrived they found a lot of smoke, but there was no fire.
Oliver says a man was burning brush, because he thought the burn ban had been lifted.
Oliver advised the man the burn ban was still in place and burning trash was a violation of that ban. The brush fire was extinguished.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page